Monday, August 6, 2012

BE A SMART LAZY – excercise without grossness


Ever wanted to get toned for that hot summer body but grimace at the thought of dripping sweat on the treadmill or gasping for air on the track field?

First. World. Problems.

STORY. OF. MY. LIFE.

I’ll admit, I’m a damn lazy person. But besides that, I’m also highly self-conscious of being sweaty, smelly, and gross. My laziness, in combination with bad weather and high humidity in Cleveland, resulted in a week of failed attempts to work out at Veale(CWRU athletics center) with my housemate Tamsies. But that doesn’t mean we stopped consuming high calories at night, if you know what I mean. Derpp…

Sunday afternoon PHO with Tamsies, result of our evening ventures..(-_-)
Eventually, I figured if I can’t make it to the elliptical or treadmill, I should at least stretch out and try the Backyard Boot Camp workout I read on Fitness before my pitiful muscles decay further. Little did I know that these simple stretches and exercises can be just as helpful as running your ass off and sweating balls on the track field. My main concern is toning and reducing cellulite, so it might not be as effective if you’re looking to lose weight.

But as far as I’m concerned, it’s pretty awesome for casually bending your arms and legs here and there while watching Suits. Who says you have to hit the gym (which takes 15-20min for me to walk to) and feel disgusting to tone and firm skin? Though I just started two days ago, my skin already seems tighter; I feel satisfied and healthier, while watching my latest tv obsession. WIN :D

In addition, mix in some beginner yoga to loosen up neck, shoulder, and back tension or to simply relax, and you’re golden J
Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment